Parent Council

Roskear School has an active Parent Council who are key in advising on any issues within the school.

The parent council meet each term and continue to provide valuable information, sharing important decisions and messages with other parents.

As the council meets we will update this web page with information from the meetings for everyone to see.

If you would like to join the Parent Council, please contact Mrs Lagdon for further details.

The next Parent Council meeting will be held on Friday 5th October at 9:00am

May 2017

Agenda items discussed:

  • Instead visit report – attendance KW
  • Forthcoming EYFS transition meeting
  • AOB

Actions arising:

  • SL to discuss with SLT: signage / notices around the school site (re: play equipment)
  • Swimming update
  • Hand-writing script available upon request.
March 2017

Agenda items discussed:

  • SDP update
  • Skills tests
  • Extended services update
  • Maths homework
  • School signage & logo

Actions arising:

  • SL to feedback meeting comments to SLT; action any outstanding matters from A.O.B.
  • SL to send meeting minutes to parent council members.

Date of next meeting: Monday 15th May 9.00a.m.

January 2017

Agenda items discussed:

  1. Changes to school website – parent section
  2. Parent survey – flexible childcare – to include wraparound care / holidays
  3. AOB – communication, school photographs.

Actions arising:

  • SL to forward any agreed changes to Martin Post re: school website
  • Parent council members to promote parent survey responses – support parents in school playground to complete a response.
  • SL to discuss suggestions for contacting parents with SLT / inform parent council members of any changes to current practice.
October 2016 Meeting

Agenda items discussed:

  1. Welcome to new members & purpose
  2. SDP priorities
  3. Car park – gate by pre-school

Actions arising:

  • Volunteers needed to stand at the gate ensuring children from the drop-off walk down the pathway to the main door.
  • Any ideas for supporting the PSHE development of pupils – to SL.
July 2016 Meeting

Discussed:

  1. E-Safety
  2. Staff structure
  3. Premises
  4. Parent fence painting project

Actions arising:

  • Parents to be informed about the opportunity to come and help wash down and paint the school fences. (Working together as a community) – K Walsh to create posters from the children, advertise on website and f.book pages. Diarised for Mon 11th July.
  • E-safety – Martin Post to attend every class celebration assembly from September 2016/17 onwards and to spend 5 minutes speaking to parents and children of dangers of cyber bullying/ parental control on phones, tablets etc as well as other ways of protecting children. K.Walsh to inform M Post.
November 2015 Meeting

Discussed:

  1. E Safety issues and how we could make more parents aware of this.. (MP)
  2. Data – A look & celebration of the progress for the past academic year.  Comparison with national statistics etc..
  3. School dinners – Some ideas how to encourage more children to take up the offer to eat school dinners.
  4. Y3/4 class spilt..  Reasoning behind the move.
  5. Hand in hand – How could we revamp it, make it more exciting.
  6. Parent volunteers to help paint the school fence.
  7. Maths APP’s – is there anyway that parents can receive some info on which free apps to download.

Actions arising:

  • KW to ask CB & MP to put a list of useful free maths apps on the website for parents
  • Hand in hand to be revamped by the school council
  • Next parent council meeting to agree a date to have a parents committee to help paint the school fence etc..
July 2015 Meeting
  • The current parking arrangements were discussed and it was commented on how effective they were. It was proposed that they should continue after the building works finish.
  • Alterations to the school playgrounds were discussed with ideas suggested based on available budgets.
  • Class structures and staffing issues planned for the future were discussed.
March 2015 Meeting
  • All members were welcomed to the Parent Council and thanked for volunteering their time to help the school.
  • The impact of our new Pre-School building works were discussed with regards to the school's parking. Many good suggestions / concerns were raised and taken to the Premises committee. This helped guide the current parking arrangements through the Summer Term.  

Parent Council