On May 25th 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation will come into effect across the EU. It is a new law being created to ensure all data held and processed by organisations within the EU is secure and processed lawfully.
For further information you can check the ICO website here: https://ico.org.uk/
This YouTube video from GDPRiS Limited (a company we work with)may help provide you with some more information about the GDPR process and your rights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_LzUJ_wu8&t=1s
Public organisations, schools (and academies) are required to comply with GDPR. At Roskear Primary School we have been working on our GDPR readiness since December 2017. Since then we have:
- Sent many members of staff on training courses to understand this legislation further
- Untertaken internal staff training to make everyone aware of their responsibilities
- Explored how we can monitor data protection across the schools within the Crofty MAT
We already had strong Data Protection policies and protections in place but these are now being updated in line with GDPR. The current draft of these policies can be seen on the Policies web page here.
We are working on our practice to ensure that GDPR is central to our day-to-day culture. We already highly value and protect all of our pupil, parent and staff data and will continue to do so in the presence of GDPR.
As a parent/carer you will receive some letters from us regarding GDPR. Some of those may be about consent and some about updating your information with us. Please do read and send back everything you receive.
The Privacy Notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use one of our services.
It tells you:
- Why we are able to process your information
- What purpose we are processing it for
- Whether you have to provide it to us
- How long we store it for
- Whether there are other recipients of your personal information
- Whether we intend to transfer it to another country, and
- Whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
To access our Privacy Notices then please click on the links below:
If you have any questions about GDPR then please don't hesitate to contact Mr Post who will be more than happy to help.