Within the school we use many different devices devices / apps to try and teach the children subject areas such as Maths and Music. We have developed this page to recommend some of these apps for use at home as well.
Please click on the headings below to see the reccomendations for that subject area. If you have any apps that you would like recommend to the school then please send us the details here.
Pora Ora: Leapfrog: Recommended for ages 6-8. A new tournament is about to start! Grab your Pora Pals, put on your multiplying cap and get ready to challenge the big bosses – or even your friends! At school we only using the play option and do not create accounts in the game.
- Apple (free with in app purchases): https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pora-ora-leapfrog/id944208236?mt=8
- Android (free with in app purchases): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.capedkoala.leapfrog2&hl=en
Math Bingo: Recommended for ages 6-8. The object of Math BINGO is to get a pattern of five BINGO Bugs in a row by correctly answering math problems.
- Apple (£1.49): https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/math-bingo/id371338715?mt=8
- Android (£0.63): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mathbingopaid&hl=en
Beatwave: Beatwave lets you make amazing music simply by tapping. Create songs anywhere, anytime on your iPhone or iPad. No musical skills required!
Bee-Bot: For younger children (4+). An app we use in conjunction with the schools Bee-Bots to teach simple programming languages with sequences of forwards, backwards, left and right.
- Apple (free): https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bee-bot/id500131639?mt=8
Lightbot: Code Hour: Get kids hooked on coding. Guide a robot to light up tiles and sole levels using commands. Later levels can be quite hard so would recommend for older children (e.g. Year 5-6).
Fonics: For younger children (4+). The new way to learn to read with synthetic phonics. Fonics simplifies the way children learn to read by breaking the English language into just 44 sounds. The children have been enjoying using this recently.
- Apple (free): https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fonics/id1076917885?mt=8