At Roskear school we take Online Safety very seriously as technology develops at a fast rate. We aim to give parents as much help as possible.
Mr Post is aiming to give brief Online Safety presentations after each class assembly on Fridays to pose questions to parents that will help deal with common Online Safety issues. The presentations already given will be put on the page in the sections below. If you have any questions about these or any other Online Safety issues please do not hesitate to contact Mr Post who will try to help wherever he can.
- Treat personal information like your toothbrush(keep it to yourself)!
- Tell an adult if you are unsure (on computers, tablets or phones).
- Think carefully about your actions (towards others and equipment).
- Google SafeSearch and what it does
- How to set on computers and tablets
- PEGI and their ratings explained.
- PEGI ratings descriptors explained e.g. discrimination / violence.
- PEGI OK label - on-line games.
- Does your child have a games console in a private space?
- Do you have parental controls set on those games consoles?
- Does your child play on-line?
- Does your child know all of the friends that they have on their games console?